LADY



This is Lady. Isn't she a pretty goat. My older sister Katniss got her for me for my tenth birthday, and she's been with me ever since. Me and my family don't have much at all, so Lady helps with the production of the milk, and with that milk we also make cheese. Just before she left for the games, she told me that I should start selling the cheese to make more money. Just the other day, Katniss told me how she had gotten Lady. She told me she really wanted to get me something for my birthday, and when she stumbled across an injured goat with a bite mark on it, she told me it was probably from a dog. She had apparently argued with the original owner of the goat for a full half hour before he finally sold it to her. Katniss thought that the goat would make me happy since I could nurse her back to full health. I remember being so excited that I cried and laughed at the same time! Mom doubted that Lady would survive, though, but we managed to save her. Now she is back to full health and helping us out.






Comments

Popular Posts